As comfy as the guest accommodations at The House on the Hill were, it was nice to be home. The house was still stinky from paint, so I opened it up and turned off the air. Even if it is clammy tonight, it will be nice to have it thoroughly aired.
I left Charlie behind for one more night - there was a lot to carry and I was really, really tired. poor little guy - I bet he'll be glad to be home. And I'll bet Miss Snootypuss will be outraged that not only have I returned, but that I've brought that DOG back. Miss Packratty believes that Delilah thinks the house is hers and that Charlie and I are interlopers.
The next step is to finish the bottom 3 stairs and then clear the landings and foyer. Then we start painting stringers and risers and get back on that ladder and finish up the areas on the banisters that only got one coat. And hang the last 2 new blinds. And the new curtains. And get someone to haul the old green sofa out - not replacing it while Delilah can shred fabric. Lots of projects and lots of time. Just got to do it one bite at a time - we won't even start thinking about the remaining ugly wallpaper in the bathrooms and kitchen.
A knitter, writer, computer nerdette, owned by one cat and one terrier, trying to conquer her inner packrat.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment