The car's service manual said that the light that was on and blinking might be caused by a loose gas cap and to remove and replace it and drive on carefully. Lo and behold, the light is gone. I'm still holding my breath, as there are some other things that the poor baby Buick needs done, but if I can just avoid a horror story for a little while ...
It's hot again, I'm debating whether to turn the a/c back on or hope that the storm moving up from the southwest will cool things off a bit more quickly. Temps are forecast in the mid 60s every night, so it is hard to justify having the expensive a/c on when it's 12 degrees cooler outside in the am than it is inside with the a/c running. Someone needs to invent an air system that senses when the outside temp has dropped below the thermostat level and open an intake and pull in, filter and dry outside air.
Time to go to bed and try to sleep. The only good night of sleep I've had in 3+ weeks was when I took my last sleeping pill. Seeing the doctor week after next to get scripts refilled - I think I went 2 years on a scrip for 30, so that's not excessive. Heaven would be an Ambien every night, I think. I can't remember the last time I slept more than 5 hours straight. Fibromyalgia is a real pain that way.
A knitter, writer, computer nerdette, owned by one cat and one terrier, trying to conquer her inner packrat.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment